Patent Analysts, Southampton
We are seeking two Patent Analysts and a Senior Patent Analyst
Picture yourself working in one of the largest companies in the world. You are at the forefront of a transforming industry and this role will challenge you like no other.
Our mission is to provide our consumers with a range of outstanding, innovative reduced risk products from which they can choose. Put simply: more choice, more innovation, less risk.
We have invested $2.5bn over the last six years in the commercialisation and development of potentially reduced-risk cigarette alternatives and our commitment to the future is larger still.
British American Tobacco’s R&D team has never been busier and we are now looking for two Patent Analysts and one Senior Patent Analyst to work from our global R&D facility based in Southampton. The successful candidates will support both R&D and the Patents team by assessing third party patents and communicating their potential relevance to R&D project teams. This will help inform R&D about the patent landscape in various technical areas, potential freedom to operate issues and provide intelligence on competitor activity and trends. The Senior Patent Analyst will also be responsible for directing and supervising the work of the two Patent Analysts.
If this opportunity excites you, you have just excited us!
Core activities will include:
- Undertaking analysis of third party patent rights to determine whether they will impact BAT’s current, planned and future innovation activities working in close collaboration with R&D and patent colleagues.
- Undertaking patent landscape searching and analysis to support the Patenting Strategy Process.
- Supporting competitor intelligence activities by analysing both BAT and third-party patent rights to determine key areas of competitor activity and trends.
- Communicating, clearly and effectively, the outputs from the analyses performed to key stakeholders.
- For the Patent Analyst roles - a science / engineering degree and experience in analyzing patents and summarising key information derived from them.
- For the Senior Patent Analyst vacancy - a science / engineering degree and extensive experience in advanced patent searching and the ability to train others.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work with a range of clients from both R&D and the Patents team.
- Advanced IT skills and the ability to work with and handle high volumes of complex data.
- Excellent attention to detail and a real interest in patents.
- Excellent analytical, presentation and communication skills, in particular the ability to present complex information in an easy to understand form.
- The ability to set a personal example of collaboration to deliver consumer-led innovation supported by strong patent protection, whilst acting commercially and being consumer centric.
For more information please contact Oana Chermenschi by e-mail on email@example.com.
How to apply
E-mail Oana Chermenschi on the email address below.
British American Tobacco is a market leading, global organisation with a long-established history and a bright and dynamic future.