Business Systems Developer, London
Business Systems Developer, Central London
A.A. Thornton & Co. is a leading Intellectual Property (IP) law firm headquartered in London. The firm has been established for over one hundred years and enjoys an enviable reputation within the IP profession both domestically and abroad. We are delighted to continually be ranked as a “Leading Firm” by the Legal 500 UK Edition.
We are a Partner-led firm with a clear focus on the provision of high-quality, commercially focused advice that is bespoke to individual clients’ needs. Our Partners and Associates work alongside professionals from our business support functions to set the long and short-term business strategies and plans for the firm, and we are now seeking a pro-active and experienced Business Systems Developer to play a leading role in future IP systems developments to support the drive to achieve efficiency and operational excellence across the firm.
This is an excellent opportunity for a suitably qualified developer looking to develop their career within the IP sector and to make a significant contribution to the ongoing success of the firm. We would welcome applications from systems developers ideally with experience of IP, but more importantly an enthusiasm for learning and a track record of translating business software requirements into workable programming code. To succeed in this role, you will therefore have a proven track record in a business systems developer role within a professional services environment, ideally within the legal sector.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates will:
- have a background of using/developing systems, including management of upgrades and managing key system change projects
- practical and demonstrable experience of records and workflow systems, document management and financial systems
- ideally have experience of IP records systems such as Inprotech
- have experience of working with internal clients to translate business software requirements into workable programming code, using knowledge to suggest options and produce efficient and effective solutions
- be credible and personable with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and key contacts
- possess excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen eye for detail
- demonstrate an ability and willingness to provide excellent client service at all times
The salary and benefits package will be tailored to your experience. Click here for a full copy of the job description.
What will you find at A.A. Thornton & Co?
We strongly believe that it’s our people that make the difference. As such, we are committed to recruiting the very best talent and providing training to nurture that talent. We enjoy an excellent working environment in our modern office at 10 Old Bailey in central London and are proud of our collegial working style, where we value diversity and work hard to ensure that everyone feels part of the team.
For further details, please visit our website at www.aathornton.com, to find out what our clients our saying about us.
Please apply by email with your CV and a covering letter to Karen Genuardi, Head of People at email@example.com
24 January -24 February 2018
A.A. Thornton & Co.
10 Old Bailey
London, EC4M 7NG