IP/Patent Coordinator – Manchester
A very nice opportunity has arisen in the heart of Manchester, for an experienced patent administrator to utilise their experience in an in-house environment. Initially the role is on a contract basis, but there is definitely a potential that the role could go permanent after this.
You will be working with a variety of different technologies on a varied patent portfolio at this organisation. You will be supporting their Head of IP with a number of different tasks, including the coordination of patent formalities. There will also be the opportunity to work on IP related contracts and liaise with external patent attorneys on the necessary requirements of the internal team.
Duties in this role will include:
- Monitor and maintain the internal database regarding all IP matters
- Process all relevant documentation in regards to the patent applications and patent rights
- Manage all IP related deadlines
- Take responsibility regarding the renewals of the internal IP portfolio
- Contract management, including the drafting and review of these before sign off
- Liaise with external attorneys and action any requests made
- Other ad hoc related IP tasks within the team.
You must have an exceptional eye for detail and be able to methodically work through large volumes of work. Being able to work under pressure is key in this role too, as well as having the understanding of how vital exemplary time keeping is within the IP profession.
To be considered, you must have good IP formalities knowledge and be able to come into the role and hit the ground running. Being familiar with liaising with attorneys is also a must, along with strong written and verbal communication skills.
A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer here, along with the rare opportunity to make the move in-house!
Dawn Ellmore or Daniel Airey
Dawn Ellmore Employment Agency Ltd. Premier House 12-13 Hatton Garden London EC1N 8AN