Trade Mark Formalities Officer, London
Trade Mark Formalities Officer
A leading international provider of software and annuity services to the Intellectual Property sector is rapidly growing their London based team. The current operation represents established and respected names and up and coming innovators across the UK, Europe, US and Asia, and is responsible for ensuring their clients’ highly valuable IP portfolios remain protected through their tailor-made service offering.
The company is recruiting a number of new positions into the Trade Mark Renewals arm of the business, which will work seamlessly alongside another specialist administrative team based in Europe.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring the renewal date of each clients’ trade marks and ensuring all paperwork is prepared and submitted prior to expiration.
- Handling renewal payments and submitting official fees when necessary.
- Corresponding with appropriate sources in order to issue renewal reminders.
- Liaising internally with other teams and with agents/clients to ensure a smooth and effective service is maintained throughout.
- Inputting all paperwork efficiently and comprehensively into the in-house on line system.
- Chasing and filing all renewal certificates, and reporting them to agents/clients once received
- Ensuring all databases remain up to date and that you and your colleagues are aware of all relevant local times and processing regulations in different jurisdictions.
Ideal candidates will have some experience already working in an administrative and task orientated role. Attention to detail and a meticulous level of organisation is essential, as is a comfortable knowledge of Microsoft Excel. You will need to be native or fluent English speaker and be prepared to travel from time to time to meet with clients and colleagues in other offices. Prior experience of Intellectual Property, although desirable, is not required.
Pete Fellows or Phillipa Holland