Intellectual Property Formalities Assistant, Slough
We have a vacancy for an IP formalities position to join our busy IP team in Slough, Berkshire.
- Day-to-day assisting with department IP formalities relating to legal aspects patents, designs and trade mark applications and renewals. The work involves all aspects of legal formalities for all IP registrable rights, including docketing and diary management, deadline handling, form preparation, administration and Attorney assistance. We work before the EPO, UKIPO and EUIPO directly and via external agents elsewhere. For US work, we cooperate with our US in-house colleagues.
- The Admin team directly supports the IP work of 7 Attorneys in Slough (and has contact with others around the globe). The department operates a paper-light filing system, with most matters handled electronically.
- You should be willing to assist with other department admin matters when they arise – EP grant phase work (outsourced to an agency), filing, some typing, accounts management (EP, OHIM, UKIPO).
- You have 3-5 years’ experience in IP formalities, or be keen and willing to learn, rapidly.
- You preferably possess the CIPA Admin certificate or are willing to take the course, which will be funded by StanleyBlack&Decker
- Experience with CPA’s FoundationIP record system is beneficial
- You are a mature person and a team player
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Our working language is English, but we work regularly with design centers around the world, so foreign language capability would be a bonus.
For more information and to apply click here.
Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
210 Bath Road, SL1 3YD Slough.