In-House Life Sciences Attorney, PQ/FQ, West London
New opportunity for a part or recently qualified Patent Attorney to join a friendly in-house team. The company is a private biopharmaceutical company, focusing on the development and commercialization of products revolutionizing the treatment of cancer.
Supporting the Head of IP, you will assist in the development of the patent portfolio and work closely with the R&D team to identify new IP opportunities.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Drafting and arranging the filing of new priority applications
- Suggesting experimental strategies to strengthen the existing patent applications
- Assisting in the filing and prosecution of international and national/regional applications
- Helping to develop third-party patent identification and monitoring procedure and instructing and/or conducting freedom to operate searches; assisting in analysing the output
- Conducting regular EP and US watches on third-party patent applications
- Reviewing and commenting on documents cited in prior art searches
- Assisting in the preparation of sequence listings and formal drawings, where appropriate
The preferred applicant will have a first degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biology or a related discipline and will have good working knowledge of immunology, cell and protein engineering, viral vectors and cancer therapy. As a part or recently qualified Patent Attorney, you will be familiar with the tasks outlined above and applicants who have started their career in either Practice or Industry will be of interest. You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally and will have a genuine interest in the science involved.
For a conversation in confidence and more information, please contact Lisa Kelly of Sacco Mann’s Patent & Trade Mark division on 0113 245 3338 or via email@example.com
1 Broad Gate,