Assistant/Secretary to Partner – London
A great position has just arisen for a Patent Secretary with at least 2 years’ working experience in the profession. This position will be located in their busy London office. This role is perfect for an existing Patent Secretary that desires a change of scenery and wants a new challenge with a varied workload. There will be a mixture of secretarial duties involved – so the role definitely offers a chance to develop. You will be working for a Partner, who depends quite heavily on their support. Ideally you will be CIPA qualified, but they will consider candidates that aren’t but want to study the qualification!
Your duties in this role would include, but would not be restricted to:
- Perform various secretarial tasks (to include audio, copy and digital dictation)
- Liaise with the records department regarding deadlines and fee earner amendments (including file openings)
- Update and amend records accordingly
- Liaise with EUIPO and UKIPO regarding applications, deadlines, amendments and updates
- Organise your busy partner’s diary, manage their travel arrangements, book and arrange business/client meetings
- Assist with the overall running of the office
The opportunity to work at this firm, along with supporting busy fee earners doesn’t come around very often. You must be hard-working, willing to try and amend different ways of working and have a ‘this will work’ approach to all tasks. Working as part of a team along with being self-sufficient is exactly what is needed from you. Due to the nature of the work you must be a competent typist (both audio and copy) and have patent experience.
Dawn Ellmore or Daniel Airey
Dawn Ellmore Employment Agency, 12-13 Hatton Garden, Holborn, London, EC1N 8AN