Assistant, Patents – Midlands
A key player in the IP profession are seeking an experienced Patent Assistant to take on the opportunity of working for one of the firms most senior partners. The role will encompass a variety of administration and secretarial tasks, so a great chance to broaden your skill set. These opportunities in the Midlands don’t come up very often – so it really is the chance to take that next step in your patent support career!
Our client has a truly global reach and because of this, it is absolutely essential that any potential candidate has some patent experience, whether that be from a secretarial or administration background. If you have the CIPA qualification this is an added bonus, but the opportunity to study this will be on offer also!
Some of the duties the successful candidate can expect to be carrying out include:
- Prepare, amend and file patent applications to be filed at various jurisdictions, including UK, EP and PCT applications
- Using internal database to look up case/client information, using links to EPO, UKIPO etc.
- PA/Secretarial tasks for the busy allocated fee earner(s), including booking travel and accommodation
- Management of files and correspondence, and allocating these to the relevant departments within the firm
- Preparation of invoices and bills for the fee earner
- Liaising with the other fee earners within the team, assisting where necessary and doing the same with other departments
- Producing communications to liaise with the client on behalf of the fee earner
- Monitor deadlines, and action them along with notifying and overseeing the allocated fee earner’s diary
The successful candidate will have sound communication skills, and have the ability to prioritise and manage a heavy workload. You will also have a very good eye for detail and be on ball when last minute changes need to be implemented on behalf of the fee earner. A flexible approach to all tasks will ensure it is completed to the highest of standards, and this is what the firm are really on the lookout for.
The client is offering an attractive starting salary for the successful candidate along with uncapped career opportunities and a very nice benefits bundle to accompany the salary. If you have the required skills and experience for this role, please contact us today for more information!
Daniel Airey or Dawn Ellmore
Dawn Ellmore Employment Agency,
12-13 Hatton Garden,