Patents Director, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
This is a Senior Leadership role within the Hygiene Home BU (HHBU) Legal Team focusing on Patent support to RB’s HHBU. The position will report directly to VP General Counsel, Patents (based in UK) and have “dotted-line” reporting to SVP Legal HHBU (based in Amsterdam). You will be a member of the HHBU Legal Leadership team and will work closely with the HHBU R&D leadership.
The Role will be involved in all aspects of day-to-day management of the HHBU patent function and, along with VP General Counsel Patents, and other stakeholders, defining the BU’s strategy in patent-related matters globally. This includes maintaining and reviewing the patent strategy for the BU, as well as enhancing the value of the patent assets and ensuring the freedom of the HHBU to market their current and/or new product lines.
The role requires an ability to inspire and bring out the best in people. You will need to demonstrate wide leadership and communication skills, along with an ability to assimilate and reflect the values of the company. Understanding the nuances of and contributing to an evolving business is also key. As well as the leadership responsibilities, the role will also include responsibility for all patent and design matters relating to one or more of the HHBU brands globally.
- Management of the existing patent attorney team including four patent attorneys and additional support staff. The team is located globally: the Netherlands, UK and the USA.
- Supporting the key R&D sites located in Italy, Germany, India, the USA and to a lesser extent, the UK.
- Ability to confidently articulate patent matters to senior leaders within HHBU.
- Developing, evaluating and improving processes and systems for executing HHBU Patent strategy globally.
- Setting forward-thinking patent strategies and identifying patent focus areas.
- Monitoring and guiding patent and design filing and prosecution globally.
- Negotiating and drafting patent licenses.
- Managing HHBU global Patent budget.
- Due diligence for M&A for new brand acquisitions, including cross-region and cross-functional liaison.
- Manage legal resource and prioritize where strategically relevant to the HHBU.
- Demonstrate an awareness of complex patent matters and the ability to issue-spot and provide guidance to more junior members of the team on such matters.
- Support one or more of HHBU brands on all patent matters.
Applications: Please contact our exclusively retained consultants at MWA on +44 (0)113 3910862 or alternatively e-mail Kieron Wright, Director or Sophie Caygill, Search Associate: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
All third-party applications will be forwarded to MWA for assessment.
Kieron Wright, Director or Sophie Caygill, Search Associate