Patent Attorney, Lathom, Lancashire
WHO ARE WE?
The NSG Group is a global leader in glass manufacturing in three business areas: Architectural, Automotive and Technical Glass.
Our mission is to be the global leader in innovative high- performance glass and glazing solutions, working safely and ethically.
To provide Specialist Support and advice across the NSG Group in relation to all aspects of Intellectual Property.
We offer excellent opportunities for the right candidate to develop their knowledge and experience in all areas of the professional’s typical activities including:
- identification and protection of the Group’s Intellectual Property;
- drafting and prosecution of patent applications;
- enforcement of the group’s IP by correspondence with infringers and, as necessary, initiation and overseeing of legal action;
- representation of the Group in legal proceedings before the UK and, or European Patent Office;
- instruction of Foreign Associates on IP matters in overseas jurisdictions on behalf of the Group;
- it is anticipated that freedom to operate assessments will constitute a significant part of this role;
- training of non-IP specialists to increase company awareness on IP matters; and general project support.
Work is necessarily done with a high degree of autonomy with each Attorney responsible for supporting an assigned portfolio of business areas within the group.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A fully qualified UK and/or European Patent Attorney with a background in physical sciences or engineering
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good communication and language skills to provide high quality verbal and written advice to Scientific & Technical personnel, and Management at all levels
- 25 days holiday plus Public Bank Holidays
- Holiday Salary Exchange Scheme
- 37½ hours per week, Monday – Friday
- Private Healthcare
- Company car scheme
- Management Incentive Plan
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Employee discount scheme
- On site car parking & restaurant
- On site fitness activities and events
A full UK driving licence and car ownership would be an advantage due to limited public transport to the site.
If you believe you have the skills and abilities we need, we very much want to hear from you! Please send your CV and covering letter to RecruitmentVacanciesUK@pl.nsg.com and quote reference PTML-P20-12.
Circa £60,000 (depending on experience) + Benefits
Lathom, Lancashire L40 5UF