Senior IP Analyst (Contract), West Sussex
Senior IP Analyst (Contract)
A leading fuel-cell technology company based in West Sussex, we are looking to hire on contract (six months plus) an IP analyst with an engineering or science background and ideally a knowledge and interest in clean energy developments. You will have excellent technical reporting and IT skills; some in-house IP management experience would be helpful. Weekly hours are subject to discussion.
An experienced IP analyst, in addition to performing the usual patentability, freedom-to-operate, validity and clearance searches, you will evaluate the IP landscape within the field of electrochemical applications using subscription patent analytics tools to identify emerging technology areas and provide a strategic overview of market trends, opportunities and threats to Ceres Power. Working closely with our scientists and engineers, you will deliver competitive intelligence, identify potential research and licensing opportunities, and highlight competitor portfolios of interest. You will also be expected to provide patent search and analytics training to colleagues.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Experienced IP analyst (5+ years).
- Technical background in engineering or science.
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about developments in clean tech.
- Competent in using (and training others to use) patent analytics tools for IP intelligence.
- Comfortable providing high level strategic advice, including patent portfolio SWOT analysis, from a legal, technical and business intelligence perspective and mentoring others to do so.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Engineering or Science discipline .
- Minimum 5 years’ experience conducting patent searches and performing competitor and technology mapping and analysis.
Kate Kirkman, HR Recruitment Administrator
Ceres Power Limited, Viking House, Foundry Lane, Horsham RH13 5PX, UK